Activities and Proposals for Funding Support
The Faculty Steering Committee for the Center in Beijing can provide modest support for a range of activities including:
- Conferences and workshops to promote the sharing of ideas among scholars/researchers, policy makers, and business leaders from China, the United States, and beyond;
- Lectures and events (including arts programs) to engage scholars, alumni, and the public;
- Professional development programs for Chinese and regional executives, government officials, and practitioners; and
- Residencies and fellowships for faculty or graduate students conducting research in China
Proposal Guidelines and Submission
We encourage innovative ideas, whether nascent or fully elaborated, for how we might foster global initiatives and facilitate collaboration with scholars and institutions in the region. Each letter of intent or proposal should include:
- Names and affiliations of main participants (from the University and other institutions)
- Discussion of aims, significance, and rationale
- Preferred timing
- Preliminary budget
Further guidelines for conference proposals can be obtained upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com by December 12, 2016. Committee decisions about funding will be made during January. Proposals submitted by the deadline will receive priority consideration, but the Center welcomes inquiries at any time of the year.
For Additional Information