Activities and Proposals for Funding Support
The Faculty Steering Committee of the Center in Beijing encourages innovative ideas, whether nascent or fully elaborated, for how we might foster global initiatives and facilitate collaboration with scholars and institutions in the region.
Proposals to the Center in are solicited for the following types of projects:
- Conferences and workshops to promote the sharing of ideas among scholars/researchers, policy makers, and business leaders from China, the United States, and beyond; including planning and brainstorming workshops to facilitate the development of NIH, NSF, or other grant proposals for collaborative international projects.
- Lectures and events (including arts programs) to engage scholars, alumni, and the public.
- Professional development programs for local and regional executives, government officials, and practitioners.
- Residencies and fellowships for faculty and graduate students conducting short-term research in Beijing.
- Research-oriented summer undergraduate internships in China and the region. Faculty supervision/direction is required for each intern.
The Center also welcomes faculty and student initiatives that require no Center funding and can benefit from logistical and staff support.
- Please follow the submission instructions as indicated on the online portal (http://fundingopportunities.uchicago.edu). Budget templates are also provided as part of the submission process.
Proposal coverage period: 1 July 2019 – 30 June 2020
January 15, 2019 Submission via Portal closes
March 2019 Award decisions letters distributed
If you require any additional guidance, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
For Additional Information 2018-19 Academic Year Call for Proposals Contact the Center in Beijing